POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere cluster (oh no!) (~29 kbu) : Re: Sphere cluster (oh no!) (~29 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere cluster (oh no!) (~29 kbu)
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 21 Apr 2000 09:59:02
Message: <39005ea6$1@news.povray.org>
> Er, I don't see any lightning. Or do you mean lighting?
Yes... (my english is a bit rstttyy sometimes...,)

> Which kind of clouds are you looking for? Whispy, cirrus clouds? Dark
> stormclouds? Sparse, fluffy clouds?
All of them!! But in this particular case, I'd go for the stratos kind; the
ones resembling fishbones ... I think one might call them "sparse, fluffy".
Can you help? I got a message from mr. Hazelgrove, and I'm eager to try it
out, too.

> Actually, I think it looks quite interesting. Maybe make a whole bunch
> of these hanging from a tree...

Thanks! I was actually inspired by a Tangerine Dream cover, although I've
never heard the music... The thought was to make this extremely perfect
(speaking textureing) _and- realistic, and adding some sunny sky and grass
below. I am still working on the grass, creating a (hpoefully not so slow)
macro using bezier patches. Any hints welcome!

Simen.